There are many ways to keep your car clean and in top condition. Doing it like a professional is not that hard and it will increase the life of the car, it will also give you great satisfaction.
Here are 5 tips on how to clean your car professionally:
- Know what you need. You need to pick the right place, make sure you have enough time, ensure you have all that you need and only then start cleaning your car. Do not wash or wax your car in the sun, the heat will dry the wax quickly and this will form grime spots on your car which are messy to remove.
- Inside first. Always clean out the inside first before starting on the outside. Remove all the rubber mats. Clear out the ashtray. Check under the seats. Clean the mats & vacuum the carpet and seats. Don’t forget the sills and the door openings, as these are the most missed parts. You can use a microfiber m
oistcloth to wipe away the grime in the door openings and some multipurpose cleaning wipes for the rest of the areas. It is worth investing in a small car vacuum if you are cleaning the car yourself usually.
- Dashboard. This is where it gets a little tricky. Use a moist cloth to wipe down the dash, the console, and the steering wheel. You can use a duster tool or a paintbrush to remove the dirt stuck between the buttons and climate vents. You can also shop for special dashboard cleaning equipment to give it the best possible treatment, our favorite ones are below:
- Main outside wash. First, remove all the dirt with just water. After that, you can start the process of cleaning using a car washing solution. Do not use a detergent because it will damage any protective wax layer your car has, we recommend some professional car shampoo and a microfiber wash glove. The ideal technique is to start from the top and move towards the bottom after cleaning the sides. Finish up with the tires and wheels.
- Wax & Glass. One of the most satisfying parts of cleaning your car as it will make it shine. Make sure to apply the wax in straight lines and always wait for the car to dry and double check there is no dust on it before applying the wax. For the windows use a car window cleaner. After you’re done with the cleaning, roll down the windows and clean the top edges or they will carry a strip of dirt even though the car is spotless. And don’t forget to apply some tire shine too.
It is very easy to clean your car and make it shine. However, proper care must be taken to do it properly. These are just a few important and professional tips you can follow to clean it better and keep it nice and shiny for a long time.